For teaching emotions: Voila Friends, ABA Emotions, Touch Emotion and MoodyMonster, I was So Mad
For Sound Discrimination: Biggest Sounds HD, Noise Room, Things You Can Hear, Sounds and What Was That Noise?
To address receptive vocabulary: Photo Touch apps and My First 1000 Words by Grasshopperapps.com, Kindergarden.com apps, Word Slapps and SeeTouchLearn .
To teach following directions: Move Like Me, TallyTots, AlphaTots, Making Sequences
For early literacy, site words and spelling skills: I Like Books and Little Spellers from Grasshopperapps.com, WordWizard, iWriteWords, FirstWords:Deluxe, Word Wagon, Winnie the Pooh puzzle book, There’s a Monster at the End of this Book
For creativity: Drawing Pad, Learning to Draw is Fun, CookieDoodle, Toca Tea Party, ClickySticky, My PlayHome, and createAmonster
In addition to these great apps, there are two fun apps that help kids talk about and experience two very difficult activities- getting a haircut and going to the doctor. Toca Hair Salon and Toca Doctor are so cute. The actions kids can perform and sound effects make the app truly multisensory. It is a great way to rehearse and prepare for those two challenging tasks. Also see the story app Little Bunny Visiting the Dentist and Brush It Up to open the discussion about going to the dentist.
If you need a kid safe way to search for images in your iPad, try FotoFarm. It completely screens images and has a simple interface. With this app, I can search with confidence and not have to worry about anything inappropriate popping up. Warning- it is not 100% full proof.
BC Speech Language & Communication
BC Speech, Language and Communication is a speech-language pathology practice manned by sole practitioner, Jill Topp. Jill has been working as a Speech-Language Pathologist since 1992. She believes that operating as part of a team with other professionals and/or family members is the best way to help her clientele achieve their potential. Jill is committed to a standard of excellence and provides highly individualized, personal care to each of her clients.
Clientele with the following challenges are seen at BC Speech, Language and Communication: Autism, developmental delays, cognitive delays, learning disabilities, hearing loss, Cerebral Palsy, Brain Injury, Apraxia/Dyspraxia of Speech, Attention Deficit Disorder, emotional and behavioral problems, cleft palates/lips, various syndromes, prenatal exposure to drugs and/or alcohol, English as a second language issues, and specific speech/language delays.
- High quality speech language pathology services
- Registered and certified speech-language therapist
- Serving Richmond, Vancouver, Burnaby, Ladner, Delta, South Surrey, White Rock, Squamish, Tsawwassen, and Whistler BC
- Our Philosophy
- The BC Speech Approach
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Therapy
- When to Seek a Diagnosis or Speech-Language Intervention
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Speech Therapy Payment and Payment Assistance
- BC Speech Language Communication Blog
- Learn About BC Speech Language Therapist Jill Topp
- Normal Speech Language Development
- Sign Language Instruction
- Speech Language Consultation
- Speech Language Counselling
- Speech Language Diagnostic Assessments
- Infection Control